Sunday, October 7, 2007

A Cultural Revolution

I believe that what I said in the last blog still stands true. Students are moving towards watching and listening and ahve less focus or writing and reading. I see it everyday in classrooms that I have to observe. The students are more attentive if the have a movie in front of them on a Friday afternoon rather a book to read. I think in my classroom I'm going to have to share the difficulty of incorporating not only reading and writing but listening and watching. I would rather my students not have a television stamped in their face everyday or even once a week, but they are now raised in front of a television so now they learn in incriments of 15 minutes just like commecials on a television. Our technolgy grows by the hours and I will have to adapt to it just like every other teacher out there. I'll have to have technology available for those who have it at home and have other forms of learning for those who do not have high end technology at home. We are approaching a very difficult age and I will have to remember that though most are technologically advancing, there are still those that do read and write and do not have technology available to them as the rest of the class might. To adjust my curriculum for those types of situations shall be the toughest, and for any future teacher of this up coming age.

No comments: