Monday, October 29, 2007

Wikipedia: Can It be Trusted?

I don't use Wikipedia already. I never need to look at it for sources of information when there are tons out there already without having to worry if it's been edited or not. I'm not scared its true or false, I just don't find it a great wealth of knowlege like so many others do. I don't use it for assignments because usually assignments are going to invlove up to date information that has been tamperd with at Wikipedia. I already found several things wrong with it for simplistic uses for those who are not computer literate. It's not the easiest to use when you are rushing to get assignments done. I've found that the important and historical searches are the same as you find in a text book. Since I already have the text book and know where it is in the text book, why search through an unreliable source. I don't think it will ever be reliable as long as you can edit its information. IF you feel it is inaccurate, why not put restraints and a check board of people to go over the information to make sure it is accruate. So its having to pay more people...so do tons of law firms, doctor offices, etc that pay others to sit a desk all day doing paper work and looking things up online. Why not do the same for a world wide used encyclopedia. I don't use it now, and I don't consider using Wikipedia anytime soon if ever to do my important research, homework, and classwork.

No comments: