Monday, October 22, 2007

iPod in the Classroom

Well looking at the actual experiement that they have posted, I would think it would be a great tool to use if everyone could afford an iPod. I myself do not own one so that might be a draw back to actually incorporating it into the classroom. It would be a great tool according to the findings with recording lectures, discussions, and verbal feedback. It could be used for out in the field work to record sounds, capture field notes, and interviews. It'd be great for studying because you could listen to repeated original content of commercials, music audio books, rehersals and vocabulary lists. It's portable content to courses such as lectures, songs, speeches, Blackboard management tool, and podcasts. I myself have never used an iPod but it could be useful for students that can afford such a tool. I could use this in my classroom to relay notes, different historical speeches and/or lectures. This tool could help me review past lectures and help make them better for the next class. This opens my classroom to more knowledge and a variety of sources. It would depend on if they were funded though. I myself can live without a luxury as such but as technology grows they will need new ways to access information.

No comments: