Monday, September 10, 2007

What I've Learned About ALEX

The first time I saw this website was actually in EEC 300. It is one of the greatest tools out there for beginning teachers like myself and for those who have been out in the field for decades. The first thing I notice available is the Course of Study. This CoS will help teachers start their lesson plans, since principals might want a load down on everyday or once a week of what you have planned and it has to have the CoS written on it. It ranges from K-12, so there's no reason to get stumped on what you feel needs to be taught and what order to teach it in.
The next thing I went to was the Web Links, which takes you to Administrator pages, Teacher pages, and student pages. The Teacher pages linked plenty for each classroom subject and even others such as counceling, lesson plans and even grants. Then you click on one of those, and it gives you a long list of actual websites. This is a great tool I'm telling you. I will have to save these sites for when I have become a teacher I can refer back to them. The Administator Link takes you to things about administration, I really would have to do some research to completely understand what those links are about, but its usually the Department of Education and other Links. The Student Web link takes you to actual subjects. Some of these sites would be very usuful for my future students and I won't hesitate to direct them to it.
Yes, lesson plans ladies and gentlemen. This sight has lesson plans. Just select the grade, the subject, and a bar to type what you want if you know what you are looking for. I think it's a little new because I searched some and there were no lesson plans, but by the time we graduate it will probably be full of helpful ideas.
There's always the search link if you aren't sure what you are looking for, I tend to use it a lot myself. Not sure what the Personal Workspace is since you have to sign in to access it, I'm sure its for registered teachers. The Professional learning would be to help ourselves out as educators learning new styles of learning, new ideas for the classroom and so on and so forth. Distant Access actually would be classes that not all schools hold I do believe with web enhancement. A good tool for those who can't what they need from a classroom.

No comments: